DYO Chamber Music Summer Courses for strings and wind
The annual DYO chamber music summer courses will take place in St Columba’s College, Rathfarnham in July 2023
- For secondary school age musicians
- Sunday 2nd to Friday 7th July 2023
- For primary school age musicians (minimum age 9)
- Sunday 9th to Wednesday 12th July 2023
The DYO Chamber Music Summer Courses are designed for young musicians (from age 9 to 18) with some experience in orchestra and chamber music and also for those who are completely new to ensemble playing.
The courses offer a unique blend of music-making and traditional summer camp fun activities, making this an action-packed and unforgettable experience. Students have the option to board in luxurious accommodation, or to attend as day pupils.
Course reviews .. Our players and their parents – say it best!
This years’ courses will take place at St. Columba’s College, Dublin 16
- The St. Columba’s campus is truly unique. For a sneaky peak of what to expect you can view a St Columba’s aerial tour here: https://vimeo.com/169995417
During the course students:
- play and perform music in a fun, informal and uncompetitive environment.
- explore a rich and varied repertoire of chamber and orchestral music.
- receive professional tutoring in chamber music skills – playing and working together, and rising to new challenges with fantastic results musically.
- perform for their peers in daily evening concerts, gaining valuable performance experience.
- rehearse and perform in full wind and string orchestra, and in smaller chamber orchestra or wind ensembles.
- wind players have the opportunity to explore a full repertoire of classical, jazz, swing and blues music with an experienced wind tutor.
- participate in daily extra activities, including drama workshops, song-writing masterclasses, a variety of sports and evening fun.
- work towards a final formal concert for family and friends
- build relationships with like-minded people – and sometimes life-long friendships
Bookings will open in Spring 2023. All information will be found here then.